Fibaro Dimmer 2 (865.2 MHz)
Fibaro Z-Wave Dimmer 2 insert module retrofits into an existing light switch enabling you to wirelessly control lights. The new Dimmer 2 is a true universal dimmer - automatically selects the most suitable dimming type (trailing-edge or leading-edge) based on the bulb type used. It measures the power being used and reports that to the Z-Wave system and it is fully Z-Wave Plus certified - offering increased range, extended battery life and Over The Air upgrading (OTA).
- Works with incandescent bulbs, 230V halogen, 12V halogen and dimmable LEDs
- Detects the bulb type and adapts the dimming behaviour:
- Trailing-edge dimming - incandescent and halogen bulbs (resistive)
- Trailing-edge dimming - LEDs and other resistive-capacitive bulbs
- Leading-edge dimming - transformers and other resistive-inductive loads
- On/Off mode - supports non-dimmable loads (3-wire installation)
- Monitors and reports power - instantaneous (W) and accumulated power (KWh)
- Auto-off Timer - turns lights off after programmed time period
- Maximum load 250W (resistive), 225VA (resistive-inductive) and 200VA (resistive-capacitive)
- Supports 2-wire (no neutral) and 3-wire installations - further information is in our 2-wire/3-wire guide
- Second switch input for controlling additional associated devices or 2-way installations
- Various switch types - momentary (default), toggle, 1-way and 2-way
- Wireless: Z-Wave and Z-Wave Plus (865.2MHz)
- Voltage: 110 - 240V AC
- 50 - 250W Resistive
- 50 - 225VA Resistive-Inductive
- 50 - 200VA Resistive-Capacitive
- Power Consumption: < 0.8W
- Range: up to 50m (outdoors) and 30m (indoors)
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 43 x 38 x 22mm
1. Dimmer 2 helps to reduce the expenses on lighting. Dimming bulbs permanently by 15-20% is unnoticeable and harmless for eyes and helps to lower the electricity bills.
2. It is a middle of the night and you need to visit the bathroom. You turn the light on, but it blinds you, rather than illuminate your way. With Dimmer 2 lights at night will turn on slightly dimmed, gently illuminating your way.
3. Dimmer 2 will turn light switches buttons into a scene trigger. Activation of the selected scene becomes as simple as turning the light on: just press the button while entering the room!